The Baja peninsula stretches south from San Diego, between the Pacific Ocean and the Sea of Cortez. This rugged, unspoiled region has evolved into one of Mexico’s most prestigious holiday destinations. Superb resorts dot the coastline, offering miles of white sand beaches, wonderful golf courses, countless water sports and excellent restaurants. This is a land of extremes. The landscape is stark yet beautiful and the whole area exudes adventure. It is the perfect spot for big game fishing, sailing, diving and whale-watching.
This is a land of extremes. The landscape is stark yet beautiful and the whole area exudes adventure. It is the perfect spot for big game fishing, sailing, diving and whale-watching.
All in all, Baja California offers something for everyone in a natural wonderland where the desert collides with the confluence of the Pacific Ocean and Sea of Cortez.
Our Top Tips1. Don’t miss Cabo San Lucas’ very own Land’s End - striking rock formations at one end of the bay. It’s one of the best spots we know for a stunningly romantic sunset.
2. This is where the Sea Of Cortez meets the Pacific, making Baja California one of the world’s best places to see migratory whales as they head south for the winter. The calving season is from January to March.
3. Let us hire a Jeep for you so you can explore the undiscovered beaches on the southernmost tip of the peninsular. Our favourite beach is Arriba De La Roca.
4. Take the drive to Todos Santos, home to The Hotel California (made famous by The Eagles) as well as the Santa Fe Cafe. It’s a great spot for lunch.
5. Baja California is one of the best places in the world for star-gazing.
6. The town of Cabos San Lucas feels very Southern Californian whilst the other local town of San Jose Del Cabo has the true feel of Mexico.
7. Charter a boat and enjoy a day of big game fishing.
8. You can sit back, relax and enjoy year-round sunshine here but the best time to visit Baja California is between September and June. During the winter months the evenings can be cool, so go prepared.
9. The golf courses here are some of the most stunning in the world. They combine the Arizona style backdrop of mountains and cactus with crystal blue waters.
10.Find your inner ‘dude’ and try some surfing – the best starting point is Cerritos Beach, just past Todos Santos.