What To Know Before You Go!
- Shenandoah National Park has an entrance fee, payable at one of the four major entrance stations. The fee is good for 7 consecutive days, even if you leave the park.
- The weather tends to be up to 10 degrees cooler than the surrounding lowlands, a good thing in summer. Skyline Drive closes during bad weather.
- Although supplies are limited in the park, fuel is available 24/7 at Big Meadows Wayside.
- The Park has three districts, each with its own characteristics – North, Central and South. Explore each district. Try new places and discover new wonders of Virginia’s biggest and oldest national park.
- Stop by any Virginia Welcome Centre to pick up a park guide with a convenient pull out map of Shenandoah National Park.