On the Gulf Coast, discover Florida's chic resort of Longboat Key, this resort is home to some of Florida's finest properties and beaches as well as a vast range of elegant dining establishments. Sarasota is located on Southwest Florida's Gulf Coast, offering vibrant art and cultural scene, a diverse array of culinary experiences and a variety of opportunities to take advantage of the clear waters, pristine beaches and the great outdoors.
The Ritz-Carlton Exterior
The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota Pool
Poolside At The Resort at Longboat Key Club
The areas local attractions include:
- St. Armands Circle - 100+ shops and restaurants
- Ringling Museums - Florida State Museum of Art, Circus Museum and Cà d’ Zan Mansion
- Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
- Mote Aquarium
- Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall
- Asolo Repertory Theater
- Sarasota Orchestra, Sarasota Opera and Sarasota Ballet
- Golden Apple Dinner Theater, Florida Studio Theater, The Players of Sarasota
- Deep sea fishing, charter sailing and sightseeing boat cruises
- Sarasota/Bradenton International airport (SRQ), 10 miles; 15 minutes
- Tampa International airport (TPA), 60 miles; 1 1/2 hours
Sarasota has several beaches including the award-winning Siesta Key Beach. Relax and soak up the sun, enjoy the variety of water sports including paddling, kayaking, boating, windsurfing and more. Take a boat out into the deep blue sea on a fishing expedition.
You will find a golf course for every level of ability. There are 32 courses in Sarasota. Enjoy biking and hiking and horseback riding.
There are dozens of shops, boutiques, art galleries, restaurants, bars and nightclubs in downtown Sarasota. From the Bayfront Park dining at the marina to the east end of Main Street.