New Orleans Cocktail History Walking Tour
- 3 Hours
- All year round
Indulge in New Orleans liquid culture on this insider cocktail tour of the historic French Quarter! With an expert guide and fellow drinks enthusiasts, journey beyond the hubbub of Bourbon Street and visit four historic local haunts for a sampling of iconic cocktails. At each legendary venue, admire the mixology of notable bartenders, discover the origins and truths of centuries‐old spirits such as absinthe, and sip on a Sazerac (or two).
- Cocktail Tour in the French Quarter with an expert local guide, from New Orleans
- Includes four cocktails on visits to four bars
- Savour a Sazerac in a former icehouse that once supplied ice to many New Orleans bars
- Visit the elegant bar at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel, which was a convent in the 19th century
- Soak up the atmosphere at two of New Orleans’ establishments
- Learn why absinthe drinking was banned for decades in the US and Europe
- Hear fascinating and informative commentary on cocktail history in The Big Easy from your native guide.
Duration: 3 hours
From £72 per person.
Get in Touch
Our team of travel professionals focus on providing you with the very best advice when it comes to planning your holiday to the USA and Canada. They have experienced the destinations, hotels, tours and excursions for themselves, so if its expert advice and guidance backed by faultless customer service that you are looking for, you couldn’t’ be in safer hands. We will listen to your wish list of ideas as well as add our own personal recommendations to create a unique itinerary, personalised just for you.
For a quotation based on your preferred travel date and to check availability please contact one of our team of professional consultants who will be happy to assist you.